Training and consultancy for educational partners
We have developed a new range of services focused on building capacity to raising the attainment of vulnerable groups in schools.
Services for local authorities:
Our team of consultants are highly experienced in providing consultancy to schools and local authorities, and in developing and delivering training packages to raise educational standards across all school age groups.
We can provide customised packages of support for schools including work with parents and communities. We also provide opportunities for strategic planning, project management and specialist inset to local authorities.
Services for Local Authorities, Federations and Cluster Groups:
- Strategic planning – we can assist in the analysis of the progress and attainment of vulnerable groups, and construct a Local Authority plan for multiple schools.
- Project management to support narrowing the gap, including the management of parent partnerships with vulnerable groups, such as those with English as an additional language.
- Specialist mentoring and supervision – for those who no longer have access to specialist line managers, Kick Start can work in partnership with host managers to ensure the best outcomes for educational providers.
- Central INSET – bespoke INSET training.
Services for schools:
- Training school leaders – to ensure everyone is up to speed, we can provide an overview of legislation, national and local data, OFSTED and DfE requirements.
- School audit – we offer an audit based around the new OFSTED framework, with a particular focus on equality issues. Following the findings of the audit, we can then provide an individual package of support which may include:
- Consultancy and pupil monitoring visits
- Planning and policy development
- Supportive strategies for English as an Additional Language, Black Achievement and pupils on free school meals
- Inclusive curriculum planning
- School INSET
- CPD programme – our 2013 programme is focused on raising the attainment of vulnerable groups.
- Coaching/Mentoring – supporting individual teachers to meet the needs of vulnerable groups.
- Individual assessment and monitoring of vulnerable pupils, including those with English as an Additional Language and of black heritage.
- Individual assessment of pupils with English as an Additional Language/black heritage with possible SEN issues, and liaison with other agencies as appropriate.
To see find out more about our services and how we can work with you, call us on 0844 8708 132.